Note that the persistent install link above includes links and instructions for installing the rsx plugins.
Note: may require
VC++ runtime 2008 sp1 (2010)
from Microsoft. Get it if the plugins do not install.
- install the persistent base if not already installed
- install the rsx plugins if not already installed
- drag the node into the link editor
- delete the node from the scene after install is complete
- unzip the web folder to:
- workspace only version of trueSpace -
- full version of trueSpace - C:\trueSpace761\tS\web
Older installation video can be found here: https://youtu.be/OC3Xx6a0_AU - note that this video was made for the color picker and does not show the installation of the second rsx plugin and does not mention the persistent script requirement.
Web based scene view provides a tree based view into the scene. It has controls for selection, visibility, grouping and link editor controls and it displays skeleton and parenting hierarchies. The scene view presents a simplified view by only showing a subset of the scene nodes. When it encounters a renderable item it does not dig any deeper.
- Works with the unSelectable script to lock nodes from selection - after selection it deselects the marked nodes
- Dev note: Does not work with the trueSpace http control.
- interval will ignore values > 1000 and less than 50 ms
- uses the mongoose embedded web server
- plugin reads/writes WebDataOut and WebDataIn on the compute node
- TSevent connector is for scripts to make "events" for the web ui. It is used to update color swatch changes from the color picker node.
- The plugin responds to selection changes, connector value changes which is used to update the object info node and node rename events.
- It responds to web ui changes via a windows timer. The same timer is used to throttle the connector value change events. Uses WM_TImer message, SetTimer, KillTimer and MESSAGE_HANDLER(WM_TIMER, OnTimer) callback.
The scene view uses:
- The color picker is a modified version of John Dyers color picker. Copyright (c) 2007 John Dyer (http://johndyer.name)
- both use the AngularJS v1 framework
January 15, 2021
- works with new NURBS objects
- added buttons to open the webui pages in the default browser
- change name "Remove from group" to "Explode 3D Group"
- update installer with new reset toolbars list
September 30, 2020
- installer opens the toolbar before installation
- support for new widget based style of selection locking
- unlocking will remove the locking node - old change from other locking scripts
July 2, 2020
- make show and hide functions compatible with the new unofficial updates
July 1, 2020
- button checks that the plugin is installed and loaded before running
- installer clears recent file list
February 24, 2018
- persistent install v2 compatible
- compatible with new batch installer
January 18, 2018
- persistent install
- bug fix - now only opens the window once
- update object count and object selection count on stat node
- better scrolling for big scenes
October 28 2017
- selection locks processing
- increased max interval to 1000
- plugin v.1638405
October 23 2017
- uses WM_TIMER to control polling instead of a command node loop
- does not destory the undo stack - no command node loop
- removed the check boxes for polling and selection active from the window
- much improved performance - Display does not flash on an old single core 1.7Ghz laptop with GeForce Go 6800
- rsx plugin version v.1638404
September 8, 2016: rsx version v.1638403 - fix crash on close web dialog, less time spent inside the server code along with a proper pause node gives better performance
September 2, 2014: Added scene view and right click for loop interval control