The script works by calling the rectangle select widget,
which in turn calls a plugin function that ray traces the viewport and returns a list of objects found.
- Left click the button to run with current options
- Right click to open the options panel.
- drag in the viewport to make a selection - the rectangle will be invisible
- Respect Locking - if an object has been marked as unselectable it will not be selected.
- Divisions - the number of vertical and horizontal ray traces used to find objects.
TODO Fix Bug: - value returned by plugin has trailing semicolon. Need to fix plugin and/or add the following line to the data node
if(sel.length > 0) sel = sel.substring(0, sel.length - 1);
- The rectangle widget is invisible. :(
- small items can be missed - increase the Divisions
- high division values may run slowly
September 22, 2020
- small bug - button id was not updated to a unique value
- changed color of widget