The script works by getting a list of all scene items and creating
a temporary mesh using each objects center and bounding box corners.
Point edit mode is started and a modified version of either the rectangle
or lasso select tool is activated. When you make a selection the
tool will end and the corresponding scene items will be selected.
- Left click to run with current options
Right click either button to open the options panel where selection
filters can be set for meshes, cameras and lights.
- respect locks is compatible with the unselectable script
If an item is selected before starting the tool the corresponding
vertices on the temporary mesh will be preselected.
- The filters
for mesh, lights and cameras must be set before running the tool.
September 22, 2020
- will respect object lock status
- installer updated
September 29, 2019
- status uses "Workspace" instead of "Model" and clears when done
- removed edge visibility of temporary mesh - improved appearance
- works properly with preselected lights and cameras - invisible flag is set on select cameras and lights prevented pre-selection
February 24, 2018
- persistent install v2 compatible
- compatible with new batch installer
January 14, 2018 peristent install
June 23, 2015
- fixed crash bugs
- right click ends the tool without any selection
- toolbar unique id
- subsequent presses of the button are ignored
- cleaned up the panel
November 30, 2012: automatic loader, unique
October 7, 2011 - update so it does not try
to select invisible objects and fixed image link
version 1.01 -
- partial fix for tool not run to completion
new icons to help avoid confusion with the PE rectangle
and lasso selection tools
- automatic installer