- install the persistent base if not already installed
- drag the node into the link editor
- delete the node from the scene after install is complete
- to target - rotate clones to the same orientation as the target item z axis.
- maintain source - don't change the source items orientation.
- source relative - add target rotation to the source rotation
- point normal - align the source z axis to the point normals of the target. for curves aligns source down the path
- Min and Max - sets XYZ values together
- Min X, Min Y, Min Z - sets minimum scale values individually
- Max X, Max Y, Max Z - sets maximum scale values individually
- Uniform Scale - calculates Y and Z scale from the X scale values
- top spinners - sets roll, pitch and yaw values together, min goes negative while max goes positive
- MinRoll, MinPitch, MinYaw - sets minimum rotation values individually
- MaxRoll, MaxPitch, MaxYaw - sets maximum rotatioin values individually
- top spinners - sets XYZ values together, min goes negative while max goes positive
- MinX, MinY, MinZ - sets minimum translate values individually
- MaxX, MaxY, MaxZ - sets maximum translation values individually
Start Clone - start the clone process using the selected nodes
Set Default Values - reset the controls
- Push the button to open the panel
- set the desired options
- select one or more items to clone
- click the "Start Clone" button
- select the target item to receive the clones.
- The final group object is cleaner if the target is near the origin, because the group center is always at the origin.
- If the target has no normals the orient to point normals won't work. Sphere primitives are created without normals.
- If the source object has a pivot it will be used to control the center and the up direction of the clones.
- Source object pivots must be flattened or they will be ignored.
- If multiple source items are selected they will be randomly selected and cloned.
- Point normal orientation does not align to the path for frozen curves
- Use the curves LODin to control the density of curve points before cloning
May 2, 2019
- Works with workspace curves
- right click sets default values
February 24, 2018
- persistent install v2 compatible
- compatible with new batch installer
January 13, 2018
- persistent install
- status line update
November 30, 2012: automatic loader, unique
button id, button index -1