- install the persistent base if not already installed
- drag the node into the link editor
- delete the node from the scene after install is complete
- recommend installing the unSelectable script to enable layer locking
LMB to add/open layers node, RMB to open options panel with Replace Layers Node button
Refresh button is for updating the display after creating or loading new items into the scene. It also randomizes the layer colors for empty layers.
no layer count number of renderable objects that do not belong to any layer. This count includes child nodes of objects that are assigned to a layer.
The color control is for setting the wireframe color of a layer.
- The next field is for the layer name.
The menu has options for:
Select - select all the objects in the layer.
Add to layer - add selected objects to the layer.
Empty - remove objects from the layer by removing the render attributes node. Cameras and lights will move to layer 1
Visible, Locked - visibility and selection locking. shows in the menu name as "menu H L" with H=hidden and L=Locked
Global, Solid, Solid Wire,
Transp, Transp Wire, Wireframe
- layer display modes - object mode off, solid wire, transparent, transparent wireframe, wireframe.
Backfaces, Hidden Lines - additional display options to show back faces and hidden lines in transparent and transparent wire display modes.
The number to the far right of each row is a count of all the objects in a layer.
The Initialize Layers button is the same as the Refresh button with the exception that it also resets the layer names and all layer colors.
- Select Control Point Mesh when active will automatically select the control point mesh for NURBS objects.
- Protect Curve Color the color of a NURBS curve will not be changed by layer assignment.
- Use Empty Layer Color the color of a NURBS curve will not be changed by layer assignment.
- Color default empty layer color
The script will read modelspace layer numbers, but not the wireframe color.
- This version does not connect to modelside and is limited to 24 layers total.
- layer 1 is the default layer
- new scene items don't inherit the layer 1 appearance automatically
- trueSpace will make spotlights, projector lights or cameras visible when they are selected
- characters from old tS versions with hair can be adjusted by changing the hair profile from line to star or circle.
- locking requires installation of the unSelectable script
- Works best with the new locking widget Sept 2020
- RMB on toolbar button to expose panel for replacing the scene layer node = manual update to latest version
- dev note: base tS object render attribute assigned to a group with 1 member, ignores the group and applies it to the lone member
if more than 1 member, it is assigned to the group
January 15, 2021
- trueBlue CloseORASettings performance enhancment - fixes many Object Render Attributes panels showing in the stack view
- Fixes the replace layers connect/disconnect issue
- Fixes the locking/unlocking menu update
- Randomizes the colors of empty layers
- New option to not randomize the layer color
- protect curve color is bug fixed and added some optimizations to the colorchangeprocessor
January 13, 2021
- works with groups
- fix bad performance caused by new show hide method
- fix infinite loop when running the replace script
- fix replace script layer menu status to update properly
- empty layer updates appearance of objects
January 12, 2021
- works with new NURBS objects
- removed deep visibility processing
- installer has latest toolbar resets
- Second release Jan 12 - fixed locking bug, increased efficiency overall
October 25, 2020
- counts show renderable items - does not include groups
- bug fix: double connector links on grandchildren when child node is added to a different layer than its parent node
- fix: visibility changes with layer assignment of object
- new button to replace the scenes layer node
October 19, 2020
- removed warnings about webserver locking
- replaced stock question dialog with custom question dialog - stock sometimes hides behind main tS window
October 18, 2020
- bug fix infinite loop caused by slow connector update
- removed webserver based locking
- option to replace older layers node version when loading the ui
September 30, 2020
- add support for new style locking and the new locking widget
- update installer to insure that the toolbar is open during installation
- future plan: remove web ui based locking?
July 2, 2020
- fix extremely sluggish performance caused by recent updates
- add a button to start the web server
- add deep visibility performance option
July 1, 2020
- no longer ignores actors who have hair, only old tS version characters give bad result
- on load checks for the existence of the unSelectable script and the Clintons3dView plugin
- works with hair objects - fix error with ORA connector inconsistent naming
June 29, 2020
- ignore actors with hair - instead of all actors
- when unlocking delete the selectionLocking node
- run ShowRenderAttribsForObject command everytime show or hide except for cameras and lights - for compatibility with objects from older version of tS
- show object render attributes(ORA) as exported panel instead of in the settings panel - fixes tS many ORA panels in settings problem
- mostly focused on unofficial update compatibility changes
- minor change to installer recent files process for use with trueSpace Std version
June 25, 2020
- removed the modified Show command for standalone version - problem is fixed in Unofficial Updates Show node
- removal also fixed a bug introduced in the previous version Show node
- fixed bug in the Empty layer menu item
June 24, 2020
- make visible/invisible compatible with new Unofficial Update versions
- installer clears recent files lists before saving default context requirements
March 20, 2020
- fixed bug with 2D encapsulated objects
February 24, 2018
- persistent install v2 compatible
- compatible with new batch installer
- don't copy replacement show node if full version of trueSpace
January 20, 2018
- persistent install
- updates the Show script each time it's run to allow handling of layer numbers properly(tS Std problem, full tS preserves the layer numbers), default context reset does not affect it
November 2, 2017
- visibility and locking status shown
- uses webui based selection locking
- removed "enableLocking" option - lives in webui
- replaced 3 mutually exlusive states visible, hidden and locked with just visible and locked so object can be both invisible and locked
- fix camera and spotlight visibility
- cameras and lights move to layer 1 when removed from other layers
- count of objects no in a layer fixed
- selection locking works with the marque selection tools
February 13, 2015:
- works with grouped meshes as single entities
fixes the show selected objects script to preserve the layer number(oct 2017 checks ok)
- ignores the incompatible render attributes node for hair
April 11, 2014: work with actor nodes
November 30, 2012: unique button id
Sep 9 2012 - bug fix
Feb 4 2012 - will refresh the display attributes properly
Dec 10 2011 - works with grouped(3d encapsulated) nodes as individual selections